Family Liaison Officer/Deputy DSL (Mat Cover)
Job Title: Family Liaison Officer/Deputy DSL (Maternity Cover)
Location: Meadowcroft -The Hub, Wakefield, WestYorkshire
Salary: £21,039 per annum dependent on experience
Hours: 42.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Contract: Fixed Term ending June 2023
Are you committed to safeguarding and improving the lives of children and young people?
We are looking for an experienced Family Liaison Officer/Deputy DSL to join our fantastic team at Meadowcroft in Wakefield. As Family Liaison Officer/Deputy DSL, you will be a key member of our safeguarding team, committed to children’s safety, achievement, and ability to develop.
Whilst previous experience of working in an SEN environment would be great, we would also love to hear from people who’ve held a similar position in an educational environment and are motivated by helping every child to reach their potential.
About the School
Meadowcroft is an independent specialist day school for boys and girls aged from 5 to 19, catering for children with a wide range of needs in 3 sites across Wakefield. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students, so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
We have a team of fantastic multi-disciplinary specialists who work closely together to ﬁnd creative tailored solutions to support the emotional development to make a positive life changing difference to our students.
About the Role
- To act as a point of contact in school for families in need of support
- To signposting for families and refer for support when appropriate
- Liaise professionally with external agencies such as Housing, NSPCC, Sure Start, Social Care, Early Intervention Teams, Passenger Transport, YOS and Police
- To complete appropriate referral forms to external agencies as and when required
- To attend multi-agency meetings as appropriate
- To carry out home visits where necessary
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS, which must be registered on the update service.