SEN Teacher – General
Job Title: SEN Teacher
Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Salary: £28,000.00 – £32,000.00 per annum
Hours: Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent; term time only
Are you a SEN Teacher committed to improving the lives of children and young people?
We are looking for an experienced SEN Teacher to join our fantastic team at Meadowcroft – The Hub, Wakefield. As a SEN Teacher, you will take a creative approach to teaching pupils according to their educational needs, ensuring delivery of the school curriculum in a way that maximises children’s achievement and ability to develop.
- Undertake the normal responsibilities of the class teacher
- To attend Teacher meetings as and when required
- Undertake such duties as are delegated by SLT
- To play a significant role in the establishment, maintenance and development of a calm and safe learning environment. To provide and promote the emotional well-being of each individual to reflect our commitment to educating the ‘whole child’
Class teacher responsibilities
- To carry out duties of a school teacher as set out in the current School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document.
- To carry out the duties of a general class teacher, including some provision for cover of absent teachers.
- To be responsible for teaching across both all key stages
Whilst previous experience of working in an SEN environment would be desirable, excellent teaching skills and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
Meadowcroft is an independent specialist day school for boys and girls aged from 5 to 19, catering for children with a wide range of needs across 3 sites in Wakefield. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable children and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Holidays are equivalent to 5.6 weeks per annum
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS, which must be registered on the update service.