Hair & Beauty Teacher (Part time)
Meadowcroft is an independent specialist day school for boys and girls aged from 5 to 19, catering for children with a wide range of needs in 3 sites across Wakefield. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live.
We have a team of fantastic multi-disciplinary specialists who work closely together to ﬁnd creative tailored solutions to support the emotional development to make a positive life changing difference to our students.
About the role
We are looking for a vocational Teacher to deliver a range of Hair & Beauty therapy programmes within the curriculum area. You will plan and deliver innovative and inclusive lessons, raising pupil attainment by personalising your approach based on individual educational needs.
You will have high expectations for our young people, embedding employability activities in your programmes and using a range of assessment methods to set realistic but challenging targets. Our staff at Meadowcroft are encouraged to take a creative approach, seeking ways to positively engage with and motivate pupils.
The ideal candidate will actively contribute to our school community, demonstrating positive values and attitudes to promote the social and emotional development of our young people. You will be able to identify and de-escalate potential problems developing strategies to promote positive behaviours to achieve learner independence and cooperation.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about innovative vocational teaching and able to set a vision for pupil success.
Who are we looking for?
No two days are the same here at Meadowcroft and we want people who work at pace to turn ‘can’t do’ into ‘want to’, are flexible to meet the challenges we face and are motivated by supporting children with complex needs.
We are looking for a passionate and innovative teacher with an up-to-date knowledge of the professional duties and statutory framework within which they work.
The ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a calm, efficient and safe manner.
A Meadowcroft Person will aspire to live our core behaviours:
- Take personal responsibility for yourself, colleagues and children
- Work well and “get stuck in” with the team
- Excellent communication skills Demonstrate determination and resilience
- Plan and organise workload commitment to developing your own expertise
- Positive “can do” approach to work
We would welcome your application if you meet the following essential criteria:
- Vocational teaching experience
- The ability to manage behaviour effectively
- Experience setting individual targets and tracking achievement
- Ability to recognise small steps of progress in young people’s journey and development
- Knowledge of policies and codes of practice/legislation on Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Experience of using IT effectively
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
Acorn Care and Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.