Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
Does working 4 days a week but with FULL pay sound like a dream?!*
It doesn’t have to be! Have a better work/life balance and come and work for Outcomes First Group!
Job title: Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
Location: Meadowcroft School, West Yorkshire
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday,
Contract: Permanent, 52 weeks
Salary: Up to £45,000 DOE + £2000 Welcome Bonus
Essential: Full UK Driving Licence and access to own vehicle required
About the role
We currently have an opportunity for a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist to join our Clinical Wellbeing team. The post holder will work collaboratively to deliver bespoke assessment and intervention plans for our pupils. This is an excellent opportunity to join the team as they expand their clinical provision, making a real difference and implementing a holistic, therapeutic approach.
You will be responsible for holding a Speech and Language therapy caseload alongside other SALTs at Meadowcroft School, West Yorkshire, split between The Gallery, The Hub, The Lodge and The Works. With the full support of our well-established and knowledgeable Clinical Team, you will also contribute to staff training, consultation and reflective practice. Both a challenging and rewarding role, this position would suit a resilient and enthusiastic individual, with a therapeutic approach and the ability to make decisions, as well as manage their own workload.
Our well-established Clinical Team maintain a nurturing environment where our pupils can flourish, always putting them at the forefront of everything they do. All our settings maintain a strong safeguarding culture, and our pupils are heard, respected and involved in decisions that affect them wherever possible.
When it comes to looking after our pupils, we strive for excellence, which is why we are the leading service provider in the UK. With this in mind, we are looking for a Specialist Speech and Language Therapist who shares our vision; to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world.
Location: Meadowcroft School, West Yorkshire
About the Group
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland and Wales with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we educate and care for.
We are really proud to say that in 2023, Outcomes First Group were officially certified as a ‘Great Place to Work’ for the fourth year running.
Our divisional brands include Acorn Education and Care and Options Autism.
- Speech and Language Therapy degree
- Registered with HCPC and RCSLT.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in SEN education, or with a similar caseload, as a Speech and Language Therapist.
- Experience of managing a complex caseload.
- Clear and concise report writing relating to clinical and research activities
- Hold a full UK driving license, with access to a car
- Ability to work independently as agreed under supervision
- Experience of multi-professional work teams or services within designated specialty
What’s in it for you?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment where our people are heard, respected and hugely valued. We want our employees to come to work with energy, determination and most importantly we want them to be happy in their work. We are well aware that it is our highly skilled teams that make Outcomes First Group the success it is, and we want this to continue. This is why we provide a range of benefits designed to support you, not just in your work life but also on a personal level too. We want you to be the best you can be and offer genuine opportunities for career development and progression.
- An unrivalled core induction and local induction
- Flexible Benefits Scheme
- £2000 Welcome Bonus
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement
- An extra day’s holiday for a special day of your choice (birthday, child’s first day at school etc.)
- Professional support network
- Contributory Pension
- Employee Rewards Hub – access to discounts, offers and cashback with 100s of retailers
- Career pathways and a dedicated learning and development team
- The Hub – employee discounts, recognition cards, well-being centre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance
For further information on this role please refer the Job Description and Person Specification attached. To discuss this role in more detail, please contact: Sarah Attwell on Sarah.Attwell@ofgl.co.uk
Options Autism is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS.
Job ID: 232667