Primary Teacher & Upper School Leader
How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
If the trial is a success, we’ll be rolling the 4DWW out across the Group – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join #teamOFG!
Job Title: Primary Teacher & Upper School Leader
Location: Meadowcroft – The Lodge, Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Salary: up to £40,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent; Term Time only
As part of our continued growth, we now have an opportunity for an experienced Primary Teacher and Phase Lead to join our close-knit team.
About the role
The successful candidate will work with the Senior Leadership Team, you will be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in your class(es), ensuring the best opportunities for all, along with ensuring standards throughout a phase group. Our smaller class sizes mean you can focus on building a purposeful learning environment that meets individual educational needs of pupils, helping to narrow the gap for pupils who are behind where they should be.
The successful candidates will have:
- Quality Teacher Status with some coordinator experience, ie subject lead, phase lead, year group lead.
- The ability to offer a range of inspirational teaching, learning, assessment and behaviour management strategies to ensure learning is engaging and inclusive
- High expectations, commitment and enthusiasm for both the personal and educational development of all pupils
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work collaboratively with parents, carers, multi- professionals and outside agencies
- The ability to lead a phase group and work effectively within a larger team
- A passion for education and willingness to support staff in enabling all our pupils to reach their potential
- A commitment to making contributions to the life of the school
- A commitment to the provision of a high quality education for all
- Experience of teaching both early English and Maths
Meadowcroft is an independent specialist day school for boys and girls aged from 5 to 19, catering for pupils with a wide range of needs across 3 sites in Wakefield. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils.
We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable pupils and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the pupils and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS and social media checks.
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.