How would you like to be paid for five days but only work four*?
Our colleagues’ wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at OFG, so we’re always looking for new ways to improve everyone’s work/life balance. We’re taking part in a trial of the 4-Day Working Week, meaning that you could be working one day less a week (or equivalent).
If the trial is a success, we’ll be rolling the 4DWW out across the Group – so there’s never been a more exciting time to join #teamOFG!
Job Title: Primary Teacher
Location: Meadowcroft – The Lodge, Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Salary: up to £42,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent; Term Time only
Are you a Primary Teacher committed to improving the lives of children and young people?
We are looking for an experienced Primary Teacher to join our fantastic team at Meadowcroft – The Lodge, Wakefield. As a Primary Teacher, you will take a creative approach to teaching pupils according to their educational needs, ensuring delivery of the school curriculum in a way that maximises children’s achievement and ability to develop.
This is a great opportunity for a Primary Teacher who wants to spend less time on paperwork and more time developing creative learning opportunities for children with varied and complex needs. Your work will be challenging and rewarding in equal measure and you will be working in a school where we maintain a strong safeguarding culture, where pupils are listened to, respected, and involved in as many decisions as possible.
When it comes to looking after our children, we never settle for second best. We are looking for a Primary Teacher, who shares our vision to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK, to be happy and to make their way in the world.
Whilst previous experience of working in an SEN environment would be desirable, excellent teaching skills and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important.
Qualifications Required: UK QTS
- The postholder is responsible to their line manager for his/her duties, responsibilities and teaching tasks.
- The postholder will interact on a professional level with all colleagues and establish and maintain good working relationships which will promote the development and effective delivery of the school curriculum and maximise children’s achievement.
- The postholder will be responsible for the supervision of the work of support staff and any students who may be on teaching practice or work placement.
- The postholder undertakes the teaching of the pupils in his/her class and the associated pastoral and administrative duties in respect of those pupils as well as the general responsibilities in the school as agreed with the Head of School.
Meadowcroft is an independent specialist day school for boys and girls aged from 5 to 19, catering for children with a wide range of needs across 3 sites in Wakefield. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils.
We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Education & Care is the UK’s leading independent provider of specialist education and residential care for vulnerable children and young people. As part of Outcomes First Group, we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join Acorn Education & Care?
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, so you’ll get an exceptional reward package including:
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And a market-leading benefit offering through our Flexible Benefits Platform, Vista, enables you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Electric Car Purchase Scheme
- Critical illness cover
And that’s not all, we place the outcomes of the children and vulnerable young adults in our services at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll wake every day in the knowledge that your role will have a significant positive impact on the lives of others.
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS, which must be registered on the update service.
*You’ll work 80% of your contractual hours for 100% of your pay, giving you more time to do the things that make you happy.